Location: Long Beach
Department: Marine Construction
Reports to: Sr. Contracts Administrator
The purpose of this position is to spearhead locating, evaluating/vetting potential projects while simultaneously backfilling historical data. This position is critical to the bidding process and overall success of the Marine Construction department. The Analyst creates and maintains the competitive environment perspective throughout the proposal/bid process. This position is responsible for curating Curtin Maritime’s growth strategy to include development of a robust pipeline and competitive market research. These functions are critical to identifying new markets, sustaining the existing customer base, guiding the pursuit of strategic capture opportunities and proposal development.
- Assists in the management of data related to the tendering process
- Refines bid capture process and identifies areas to improve effectiveness.
- Continuously monitors customer portals to ensure timely receipt of all solicitations.
- Uploads solicitation and supporting documents into company database and initiates workflow to facilitate a Bid/No Bid Decision.
- Collaborates with team to identify and catalogue opportunities and maintains ongoing databases of bid procurement efforts as well as utilizes the database to assist in the bid process.
- Develops customer/client profiles, including customer needs, issues, opportunities, biases, market trends, etc.
- Collaborates with the contracts team to collect and analyze competitive intelligence data in areas such as competitor capabilities, past performance, recent wins / losses, and bidding behaviors.
- Tracks markets to determine best source, new sources, market conditions and trends.
SKILLS, APTITUDES, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Mental Aptitudes Required:
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results but does not overcommit.
- Extreme attention to detail and meticulous in nature to be able to audit one’s own work.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal direction but asks for help when needed.
- Committed to constant learning and improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Independent judgment and keen decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, in a busy office environment.
- Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to health and safety.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Superb organizational skills and desire to get it right.
Physical Aptitudes Required:
- This is primarily a sedentary role. Vision or correctible vision to 20/20.
- The work environment includes the frequent use of stairs.
- Ability to work in an office environment and follow HS&E protocols when walking through a maritime construction area.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, office phones, smart phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.