Crane Operator/Leverman I, II, III
Location: Long Beach, CA
Department: Marine Transportation
Reports to: Port Captain
Schedule: Full-time; Minimum 40 hours; May involve travel to several locations and extended stays outside of home port. Long hours, short notice travel, weekend duties, ad occasional 24 hour on-call status. Travel expenses to and from home airport covered by company. No relocation required.
SKILLS, APTITUDES, QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Mental Aptitudes Required:
· Attention to detail
· Ability to handle stressful situations with focus.
· Desire to learn, comprehend and progress, willingness to start from the bottom.
· Understanding the importance of and taking pride in and responsibility for mastering the small things before mastering the big ones.
· Understand and respect the chain of command. Ability to take direction no matter how it is given.
· Continuously demonstrate a string sense of responsibility and ownership by being proactive in all situations/tasks.
Physical Aptitudes Required:
· Must be able to lift 100 lbs. without restriction. Position involves lifting, pulling ad operating heavy equipment and objects.
· Agility to bend, stoop, or squat, and climb high steps/ladders frequently.
· Physical dexterity and strength to operate deck machinery; work on equipment that is poorly accessible or in confined work spaces.
· Must be able to keep balance/equilibrium while performing duties at various heights.
· Ability to work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time.
· Adequate hearing & vision ability.
· Proper heat/cold tolerance, working in all weather conditions.
· Comfortable working while exposed to grease, dirt, paint, water, etc.
· Must be able to swim.
Tests, Certifications and Other Requirements:
· NCCCO (National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators) with LBC and TLL Endorsements or NCCER with equivalent endorsements
· Physical & DOT Drug Test
· Respiratory Fit Test
· TWIC Card
· Participation in random drug testing program
· Excavator experience a plus
Your application was submitted successfully.