Position: Labor I
Location: Long Beach, CA
Reports to: Shipyard Project Manger
Schedule: Full-time. Monday through Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm; minimum 40 hours per week.
Pay Band: $15.00/hr
The Labor positions are designed to provide a foundation of skills necessary to fill our skilled/licensed jobs. How fast you advance is up to you. The labor positions are in the Labor Training Program and move from Labor I through Labor III. Following this development period, if all requirements are met, the position opens into an opportunity to train in other positions within the company. Curtin Maritime hires laborers who are looking to quickly advance through hard work, dedication, and a positive mental attitude. This position is ideal for anyone looking to train and advance in tug and barge industry:
The Objective of the Labor Training Program is to produce skilled workers who are self-motivated and willing to pass the “Curtin Heart Check.” As a labor I it will be important to prove your willingness to learn and work hard to advance through the Labor Training Program. As you begin to demonstrate your awareness and understanding of entry-level labor concepts, you will be allowed to advance through the Labor Training Program.
A Labor I will be required to perform routine physical labor with supervision including but not limited to: moving materials, tools/and or equipment, cleaning equipment, vehicles, machinery and work area, as well as performing additional duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor for the completion of the job in a safe and timely manner.
· Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
· Able to perform basic tasks such as transporting, lifting material, tools, and equipment
· Must be organized and have good housekeeping habits
· Ability to use power tools and basic hand tools to complete tasks assigned
· Willingness to listen, follow instructions, and the ability to work with and help fellow employees
· Display Motivation to Learn
· Excellent Attendance and Punctuality
· Physical coordination: Balance and Spatial Awareness
· TWIC Card
· USCG Physical
· DOT Pre-Employment Drug Test
· Respirator Fit Test
Your application was submitted successfully.