Efficiency. Innovation. Integrity. These are our 3 Pillars. At Curtin Maritime, these core values are the framework for safe performance and operational excellence; proof of these pillars is evident in our people and our fleet. For 25 years, Curtin Maritime has been an industry leader in quality maritime solutions. We are a dynamic Marine Construction and Marine Transportation company experiencing rapid growth. Our team provides customers with a complete suite of maritime solutions, allowing us the incredible opportunity to work on unique projects in some of the most amazing places on earth.
If you are an innovative thinker with a high level of accountability, ownership, and pride in your work, then we are looking for YOU.
Under general supervision, the HSSE Administrator works as part of Curtin Maritime’s Health and Safety Department and Marine Transportation team. The Marine Transportation department is responsible for the management of marine personnel and oversight of vessel management systems. The HSSE Administrator reports to the Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Manager. The HSSE Administrator is primarily responsible for the compliance and administrative functions that are overseen and required by the Health and Safety Department on behalf of the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Assist with the administration of the Company’s internal and external safety management system and related trainings with oversight and direction from the HSSE Manager
• Assist with the administration of Company compliance with regulatory requirements and customer expectations relative to Health, Safety, Security and Environmental
• Responsible to the HSSE Manager for the administration of Company documents through monitoring management software and shared drives
• Perform a range of HSSE administrative assignments independently, without close supervision
• Track & administer schedule of company compliance documents & registrations for the corporation, vessels & equipment, personnel, etc.
• Track and administer safety and compliance related employee trainings with oversight from the HSSE Manager
• Track and follow up with employee’s credential renewals
• Act as a liaison with companies servicing firefighting and lifesaving equipment
• Support project planning operations by assisting in the development of Safe Work Plans and/or obtaining project-specific permits, licenses, etc.
• Asist in company audits and the support of planning, conducting, and documenting with implementing corrective actions that are generated HSSE Administrator
• Maintain current knowledge of all company safety policies and applicable federal and state OSHA regulations, as well as USCG standards and regulations
• Support the operational function of company safety and compliance systems through staying informed of relevant industry requirements, researching applicability of regulations, and supporting implementation
• Data entry and support in Helm Connect and SharePoint
• Asist in filling safety equipment orders generated from requisitions and project needs
• Employee Services Support directly related to safety & compliance including training & safety equipment distribution
• Support HSSE Manager administrative requests as needed
• Work closely with the HSSE team for a variety of health and safety related company tasks and compliance requirements
• Work with Marine Transportation team to support department goals as needed
WHO YOU ARE:
Certifications and Other Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
• The ability to efficiently use Windows and O365 based Microsoft Word and Excel is required
• Must have a clean driving record (5+ years)
• Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card
• OSHA 30
• Self-starter, takes initiative, and anticipates the needs of others
• Thrives in fast-paced work environment
• Tenacious with excellent follow-up & execution abilities
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
• Proven problem-solving and intrapersonal skills
• Extremely strong organizational, project, and time-management skills
• Ability to quickly analyze a situation, come up with solutions, and implement them
• Solid judgment
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to understand and communicate effectively in English
• Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment
• Must be able to pass a USCG physical and drug test (will be enrolled in Company’s random drug testing program)
• Must be physically able to safely transit onboard vessels at the dock and underway
• Must be comfortable working on the water and in changing climates
• Regular attendance at the main office in Long Beach, CA is an essential job requirement
• Must be able to travel on short notice
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive Compensation
• Generous benefits package including Medical (Dental, Vision, STD & AD&D/Life Insurance at no cost for employee’s coverage) with additional option to elect incremental Life Insurance for employee and dependents and choice to elect Health and/or Dependent Flexible Spending Account
Curtin Maritime is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application was submitted successfully.